Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A touch of Easter for Christmas

The challenge of the week at CHNC is to use yellow and/or an oval on our card. My daughter and I combined efforts for this card and decided to use both yellow (star punch with stickles on it - daughter's idea) and an oval ("snow" at base of tree is supposed to be in the shape of an oval - I did that part). We used the Dreamweaver Tree stencil I won over at Bah! Humbug! in March. My daughter suggested I use green flocking. I was worried that my glue dabbing technique would cause the swirls to run together, but it turned out quite nicely, I think, even though the glue towards the top was put on a little too heavy. (I'm excited that I was able to use this stencil - I plan on making quite a few cards with it this year.) We added a silver peel off sentiment (sent with the stencil, for my daughter - what a great treat!) and used a curved corner punch to finish it off.
Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you both on such a stunning card, put together with much thought and creativity. I love the flocked tree. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 17 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow stunning use of the stencil - looking forward to seeing other versions too. I have the stencil myself and love it - hence buying one to give as a prize. So happy you like it.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.