Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Challenge 46 - Fabric

This card is for the Bah!Humbug! fabric Christmas card challenge. I had some scrap lightweight muslin that I used for this one. I stamped it using a clear snowflake stamp with antique linen distress ink and also a light blue chalk ink. I tried to ink the edges, but the fabric was so thin it doesn't show up much. The fabric was mounted onto white cardstock using spray glue. I added sparkle snowflake gros grain ribbon and then mounted it onto tan cardstock before putting it on the darker blue card base. I may add a sentiment or other embellishment later (it's looking a bit empty to me, but I'm not sure if I want to cover up the stamped snowflakes).
As always, thanks for taking a look.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christmas box and music card

This is my Christmas box for Bah!Humbug! this week. It is made with a sizzix die and acetate for the window. I just added some peel-offs, pearls, and satin ribbon to keep it tied shut. (I fed the ribbon through eyelets in the sides and tied off the inside ends.) A fairly simple project, once I decided what to use for decorations.

This card is for CHNC's music card challenge. I wanted to use up some scraps, so everything is from the scrap box except the french horn glitter sticker. The sentiment is a piece of ribbon with glittered Merry Christmas already on it, and the rest are from nestie cut-outs. I like the way it turned out - I hope you do, too.
Thanks for taking a look at this week's projects. Christmas is nearly here and I now have an ample supply of cards to send out. (I'm also looking forward to next year's challenge at Bah!Humbug! and CHNC! It's been lots of fun and I've learned quite a few new tips and techniques along the way. If you haven't already, go check them out!)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Baby's Christmas Card

Bah!Humbug! is having us make Baby's First Christmas Card. CHNC wants us to make "whatever lights our candle". I'm going to take that to mean "anything goes", and use this card for both challenges. Since we don't have any babies in our family at the moment, this card will be given to my son's girlfriend to give to her new little niece this Christmas.
I have used a free clipart image from I cut it out using a Nestie and added stickles to the holly berries. I also added Martha Stewart loose flocking to the hat. The organza ribbon and rub-on sentiment are from my stash. We've been very busy at work these days, so I've not had much time to spend on card making. Thus, another quick card this week.
Thanks for popping by to take a look.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bah!Humbug! snowmen, CHNC brights

We are using snowmen at Bah! Humbug! and bright colors and/or sparkle at CHNC this week. I have used a Unity snowman stamp (love the Unity brand, so far) colored with LePlume markers before stamping. (I also colored in the hats after stamping to make them darker.) After cutting out, I added Martha Stewart Crystal Fine glitter then stuck them to a bright card base. I added a row of buttons from my button box and used a clear stamp sentiment from Making Memories' FaLaLa kit. Very simple, but fun! I hope you like it, and thanks for popping by for a look.
I would also like to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp challenge which, this week, is buttons!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Challenge #43

Another week has gone by, and our challenge over at Bah!Humbug! is to use die cuts on our card. I used a nestie to cut out the mat for my image, and used a sizzix die for the corner pieces. The image is from a rubber stamp my husband recently picked out at Michaels when I dragged him there during our regular grocery, etc, "outing". Since he picked it out, I'll probably give him this card at Christmas. This makes it for "someone special", which is the challenge at CHNC. The image was heat embossed using black embossing powder after stamping with Martha Stewart's black ink , and took several tries to get it looking OK. If anyone has tips on how to keep stray embossing powder from staying where it isn't wanted, I would be very interested in hearing them. I finally used a very small paintbrush to try and sweep the excess off the paper. It mostly worked.
Thanks for taking a look; I hope you like it.