Sunday, February 6, 2011

Challenge #5

It's hard to believe we're in the second month of Bah! Humbug! challenges. (I am totally addicted) This week's challenge is to use buttons and bows. I've had more free time this week, so I made two cards. Here's the first:


The snowman is from Inkadinkado's Ornate Christmas clear stamp set. I tried my hand at coloring it in with Copic markers (harder than I thought - will have to work on keeping within the lines). The orange nose is penciled in using watercolor pencils and there are black stickle dots for eyes. After cutting out, it is matted on light blue paper embossed with Sizzix textures plates kit #5 - snowflakes. Buttons and satin ribbon are from the local fabric shop. I then used a darker blue mat and set it all on textured white cardstock. Here's a view of the inside:


My next card starts with the Inkadinkado Christmas Reindeer wood stamp. I switched to Anna Griffin watercolor pencils for this one, added a red satin bow around his neck and used stickles for snow. It is mounted on black shimmer paper then red card stock. Small white buttons were from my sewing box. I tied red bakers twine in each one before sticking to the card.



I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed making them!

2 comments:

  1. Ruth ,I love your cards, very inspirational too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards Ruth and I adore the way you have used the buttons on the snowman - superb idea and one that I will definitely be using sometime soon. It looks so cute.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.