Sunday, July 28, 2013

UmWow Studio's July sketch challenge




This card is for the July UmWow Studio sketch challenge.  If you haven't visited their site, go on over.  There are so many great projects to look at and get inspiration from!
For this card, I used Authentique Blissful papers on cream and kraft cardstock.  The stamps were from Unity's All Hail the QUEEN Bee SOTW.  The crown embellishment is from Every Day Moments by Teresa Collins, and the chipboard is from UmWowStudio. (I love their chippies!)  Washi tape is MME (yellow) and Teresa Collins' Now & Then (bees).  I attempted to get a splatter effect using glimmer mist (looks a little gloppy to me).  The hex/bee was stamped using a mixture of ink and white gesso, but you can't really see any texture in this pic.  (The texture is very subtle.)  Other odds and ends used were natural twine and a nestie for the sentiment, which was embossed using clear embossing powder.
Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out UmWowStudio.

5 comments:

  1. Your card turned out very pretty, Ruth! I love the new Unity stamp, but have yet to use it. The yellow, gray and cream work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Ruth!! I really like the gray and yellow combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Ruth! you did an amazing job incorporating all the details of DD's sketch plus one of my {new} favorite Unity Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are one great card maker. Being my first visit I had to scroll back and check out lots, your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.