Saturday, June 8, 2013

UmWow Studios June sketch challenge

This first card was my first attempt at using gesso outside of a class setting.  I was inspired by taking one of DeeDee's online classes recently.  It was a wonderful experience, and I wanted to use some of the techniques we used in her class.
I used the gesso to stamp the hex background, as well as to add dimension to the UmWow chipboard clouds.  After the gesso dried, I spritzed the hex stamped paper and clouds with sandy beach glimmer mist.  The sunflower was fussy cut from a stamped image (stampabilities rubber stamp) colored with copics.  All papers were scraps and neutral twine was added.  The sketch used was from UmWow's June challenge.



http://umwowstudio.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

  1. oh YEAH!! Total awesome gesso usage! I can't get enough of seeing you guys use the techniques I share :) :) BEAUTIFUL card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.