Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Challenge #41

For this week's challenge at Bah!Humbug!, we are focusing on food. CHNC has us using baubles, or something that hangs. So, again I have combined these two challenges and came up with a very simple card. (I'm quite pressed for time this week, since my daughter had surgery yesterday. I am posting this from her hospital room, while she sleeps - we hope to be going home tomorrow.)
The base card is an aperture card from an old kit that was in my stash - from 2008 (I've covered up the date with the Happy Holidays sentiment).
Gingerbread house, gingerbread man, and trees are from a Michaels 3-d sticker set.
Hanging "baubles" are glittered star brads with the brad part cut off, and hanging from the opening by white heavy thread. When the card is open a little, the stars hang in the cut out area, giving it some movement.
Very simple, but should meet the requirements. I haven't missed any of the Bah! Humbug! entries and I didn't want to miss this one, either, so this card is a quick one. Hope you like it, and thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

  1. Love your hanging 'baubles' - such a sweet card. Hope Erin makes a good recovery. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 42 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cool is that? A fab card.
    Have a great week and do pop back on Friday for our new challenge.
    Love from the Bah! Humbug! Design Team - Ann and Max who this week are both in the Yorkshire wing of the Hall and having a fantastic time shopping and crafting together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.