Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Challenge #25

We are to make a penguin card over at Bah!Humbug! this week, so I decided to check out some downloadable images. I found this one on Christmas-clipart.com. I printed it twice, using the second to cut out two trees and the hat. I popped them up with foam squares, after inking the edges. On the hat, I glued some scrap felt over the pom pom and hat band for extra texture. I also added stickles to the snowflakes for some sparkle. The printed image was edged with decorative scissors and mounted on red cardstock before adhering it to a 5"x5" square card base.

I hope you like it -it was fun doing the paper piecing and using a computerized image. I am also entering this into CHNC's anything goes challenge.



Below is last week's card with the added bling, and a sentiment wrapped around the outer scalloped edge. I do think it looks more finished now. (Not the best pic, though.) Thanks for the great suggestions!


4 comments:

  1. You're right. that second card does look better now. The penguin is cute and I like the way you've lifted it with a few extras. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie Penguin & a great card. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ruth how cute is your penguin - just so adorable.
    Sorry to be so late commenting but it's been one of those weeks - work - new grandchild and so much stuff going on plus bad Mr Blogger not allowing people to sign in at times has not helped.
    Anyway better late than never.
    Hope you'll have chance to join in our new challenge of acetate.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth ... am also playing catchup after a rather stressful week. Lurrrrrve this penguin and how you have glittered him up. I also give thumbs up to the improvements last week's card. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.