Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Did It!

My first entry ever is for Bah! Humbug! Challenge #3: Christmas Crackers. I've never made a cracker before, but it was fun to do. I searched online and found instructions at Rubberstamping.about.com (by Kate Pullen). I hope you enjoy it.


The papers for this cracker were from my stash. I edged the argyle paper using a scalloped cutting blade in my trimmer. The sentiment is a glitter rub-on by MM (the ribbons were also from my stash). Here's a close-up showing the glitter rub-on (I think you can see it).
 
 
Even though I missed the first two challenges due to illness, I am still making them for my own enjoyment and will post the results when finished.

P.S. Everyone should do the Bah! Humbug! challenges. They're so awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Erin this is just gorgeous - love the colours you have chosen and the way you have used the ribbon - just so effective.
    Sorry to hear you have been poorly - hope that you are better now. Our new challenge begins tomorrow - it's a fun one so I hope we'll see you entering.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT
    PS: thanks for calling our challenge awesome - that really made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin ... sorry my comment is late but am slowly catching up with our cracker challenge entries in between painkillers following surgery!
    Your cracker is just fabby and you have proven that crackers can look gorgeous even when non-christmas paper is used. Well done! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
    PS: I also felt really chuffed when you described our challenges as awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.